Update from Mr. Hagman –
- If your family is needing assistance with food, clothing or shelter, access this link for a list of resources
- If your home or apartment was damaged last week from the weather, have a parent access this link to see if the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) can provide assistance.
- If you need technology assistance, please submit a help ticket with this link, and our technology people will be in touch soon.
- If you are struggling psychologically or emotionally, please reach out to your counselor (click here for a list of email addresses). We’ve all been under a tremendous amount of stress, and it’s a good thing to share your feelings when you are overwhelmed.
- Wednesday, 2/24, is a remote, asynchronous learning day. Be sure to check each of your A day classes for assignments.
- Thursday, 2/25 (B day), and Friday, 2/26 (A day), are remote learning days with both synchronous and asynchronous learning, so be sure to log in at the appropriate times for class. It will do you good to connect with your teachers and classmates.
Instrument Retrieval – Due to the uncertainty of the return to LHS, we are working out a process to get instruments that were left at the school. We need responses as soon as possible.
Update from Mr. Lang – Our number 1 concern as a band family is the health and safety of our students and families. We want to assist in whatever way possible. We just need communication from students and/or parents. The next focus is to adjust our plans for the work we have been doing since the beginning of the semester. We have lost critical rehearsals for all ensembles. If we are allowed back at Lamar next week, we will go back to our regular after school practice schedule. If we are not back yet, we are working out plans to practice at other sites. We do not want to fall further behind. I have been incredibly proud of the progress students made in January and early February. Getting in as much practice before spring break is paramount. Some good news is that the arrival of our new trailer is now scheduled for March 2nd. There will be a lot of PR so look for it on that date. We are also deep in plans for summer and fall. Marching band is right around the corner.
Need credit recovery for the 1st semester? – Sign up for a packet. You could complete this pack in about 4 hours. Doing a credit recovery class (Edgenuity) takes around 30 hours. Get it done now so it doesn’t mess up your summer and fall!
Offline credit recovery courses
A & P
They extended the deadline to fill out this form!
Signing up for band next fall is as easy as filling out a google form. We are good at that by now! Be sure to let the counselors know that you are in The Pride of Lamar! We have two marching contests already confirmed and registered. We will be going back to BOA Waco! We are considering other trips in the fall and spring. Maybe even a trip to see the big mouse. We are about to start a big recruiting campaign to get kids back in band. Our goal is to grow by 30%! If you have a friend who dropped out of band, we want them back. The staff will catch them up. Help us grow our band program. Let’s start with making sure you are signed up for band classes.
Current 9th graders: Pick your classes for your 10th grade year
Current 10th graders: Pick your classes for your 11th grade year
Current 11th graders: Pick your classes for your 12th grade year
Contact Mr. Lang or your counselor if you have questions!
Spring Concert – On April 29th, we will have our premier concert at the new AISD Center for Visual and Performing Arts! There is an excellent chance we will have a limited in person audience. The concert will also be live streamed with the concert halls very fancy camera and audio system. Mark your calendars.
After School Practices (pending rehearsal space) – These practices are required of all in-person students and highly encouraged for remote students. These concert band practices are critical for our UIL and Spring Concert performances. Parents, please email a director if there is an excused absence. Fill out this daily screening form before you come to LHS.
Monday, 4:30-6:30 10-12 grade Varsity band
Tuesday, 4:00-5:00 symphony orchestra
Wednesday, 3:30-6:30 percussion ensembles
Thursday, 4:30-6:30 9th grade band
Quote of the Week – “Music is the effort we make to explain to ourselves how our brains work. We listen to Bach transfixed because this is listening to a human mind.” – Lewis Thomas
Winterguard – Until we find a new rehearsal space, we will not have practice. Students in winterguard must use the daily screening form and follow the AISD protocols for Covid. Performers must bring their own water jug and snacks with absolutely NO sharing. Masks, masks, MASKS!
Notifications – We often send important updates via the Band App. If you have turned off notifications, please turn them back on for the Lamar Band group.